Friday, June 12, 2015

You Must Be My Angel

You must be my angel
That's the only explanation I can give
For the way you keep appearing
In this life that I live
I hear your name on busy streets
Or in a crowded room
There are a million Matthew's 
But I always think of you
I see someone with a big, bright smile
You know, like the one you always had
It puts a warmth down in my heart
But makes me kind of sad
I hear these songs on the radio
That say, "I'm missing you"
And when the rain comes falling down
I think maybe you miss me too
I know you're watching out for me
That's why I feel less fear
What do I have to be afraid of 
When my sweet angel Matthew is near?


This is a poem I wrote in 2004.  Matthew Lunsford was my dear, sweet friend that always had a smile on his face.  He was something special that's for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment