Friday, February 12, 2010

Save A Place For Me

I remember the very first time I heard this song. I could vividly see in my mind so many memories of every person in this video. Memories that I will never forget. And I woke up one morning and wanted to make a video in memory of those people. I had very few pictures to work with but I want to thank each and every person who shared the photos with me. This video is dedicated to the memory of:

Taylor Ledford - Papaw Ledford as I knew him. It would be impossible to express in words the man that he was. He taught us love, respect, kindness and generosity. He gave so much of himself to all of our family. I don't know where we would be if we hadn't had him. He worked so hard. To this day, every time I see a Roadway truck, he immediatley comes to my mind. The person I am today was an immediate result of being raised with a man like Papaw Ledford in my life. I love you Papaw!

Paul Jones - My Papaw Jones. Losing him was the first big loss in my life. He was so kind. He was so loving. He made me laugh. He taught me so much. The times spent on the hill on Gregory Branch are times that will never be forgotten...from leaving church early and going to make bologna sandwiches to all the holidays with the family from Indiana. Being around Papaw Jones made my heart happy. I love and miss him so much.

Barbara Roberts - My aunt Barb. One of my heroes. She was a strong, amazing woman. She was one of those people that you just loved being around because every moment with her was a great moment. I have so many memories it would be impossible to share them all - times like the George Strait concerts, all the song lyrics she could never remember so she would just make them up and they would be the most hilarious things you'd ever heard, the cookies she would make with the Hershey Kiss in the middle, all the Roberts' reunions on Ulysses Creek - I could go on and on. Aunt Barb was one of a kind. I see a lot of her in Stephanie. I miss her every single day. I love you Barb.

Pauline Henson - My aunt Pauline. Sweet, kind, strong, funny - those where the things she was. She stood firm in what she believed. She raised some amazing children. She had a laugh that was so contagious! I love and miss her very much.

Linda Foutch - She was my moms best friend. They were almost like sisters. Linda gave so much of herself to others. She was strong, kind and generous. Trish, Kim, Janet, Les and Mitchell where blessed to have a mother like her. The one thing that I think of when I think about Linda was her faith. She had faith that could move mountains. She inspired me and I loved her very much.

Matthew Lunsford - If ever there was a kinder, sweeter human being than Matthew, I've never met them. He was one of those people you couldn't help but love. He was so full of love. His smile made you smile. It was an absolute blessing to be in his presence. I loved him so much.

Lynn Frazier - Faith. That's what I think of when I think of Lynn. I only recall meeting him just one time. But I have heard so many stories about him and the undeniable faith he had. I remember the day that we went to his house to pray with him. Through the struggle he was in, he never lost his smile. He smiled pretty much the entire time we where there. And the words he shared with us that day, they will never leave me. He made my faith grow just by being in his presence.

I am so blessed and thankful to God to have known these people. My family, my friends, my inspirations. Save a place for me....

Matthew West - Save A Place For Me
From the album Something To Say

Don't be mad if I cry
It just hurts so bad sometimes
'Cause everyday it's sinking in
And I have to say goodbye all over again
You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world off your shoulders now
I'm dreaming of the day when I'm finally there with you

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon

I have asked the question why
But I guess the answer's for another time
So instead I'll pray with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had you here
And I wanna live my life just like you did
Make the most of my time just like you did
And I wanna make my home up in the sky
Just like you did
Oh, but until I get there
Until I get there



No comments:

Post a Comment