Wednesday, May 16, 2012

All The Single Ladies

Thank God He knows better than we do.  The truth is - anyone can get married.  But, I don't wanna marry just any guy.  I would rather be single the rest of my life than choose the wrong person.  To be honest with you, I don't know why I'm still single.  I have no idea.  I do know that sometimes it just plain stinks to live with that longing in our hearts that feels like it can only be met by that one special love in our life.  But, there are perks to this single life as well.  One benefit for which I am grateful is I am fully available to my family and friends when they need me.  I am also available to do whatever it is I feel God is leading me to do while only considering my own needs.  As a result, I can use this time to pursue Him with my whole heart.  I know it sounds cliche' but, let's face it, our attentions are divided if the time comes for us to walk through life with someone else.  Just as we are not promised a life without worry, we are not promised marriage.  But, be encouraged, if God has given you the desire for marriage, then He (not ourselves) will be faithful to fulfill it because He's sweet like that.  Meanwhile, Paul calls our singleness a gift and I for one want to treasure that gift.  Be freely present and alive in our lives just as they are now.  I don't want to miss one single thing that the Lord is doing in, through and around me because I am wondering what's coming down the road.
1 Corinthians 7:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment