Saturday, May 21, 2011

Adversity



One of Satan's biggest falsehoods is that the Christian life should be free of adversity. The longer you live, the more you'll realize that adversity is the rule in life, not the exception. But don't look at problems as things to be avoided. These are times that test your character, patience and faith. Sure, we might suffer grief and pain, but with Christ, we can endure any hardship. Job lost everything but he still gave glory to God.

Psalm 9:9-10 - The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Psalm 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Nahum 1:7 - The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

Matthew 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Psalm 30:5 - For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 12:12 - Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

No comments:

Post a Comment