Saturday, May 21, 2011

Be still and know that You're in this place.

Worship is so much more than a song that's sung. Instead, worship is in the heart that lifts the song. If you think about it, worship began when I woke up this morning. My life purpose is to give God glory through everything I do. If my life does not worship Him, my songs don't either.

If ever there were a test of our faith, if there ever where a test of the motives of our worship, it is when a storm rolls into our lives. Sometimes God calms our storms. Sometimes he chooses to ride them with us.

I don't think it bothers the world that we sin. I think it bothers the world that we act like we don't. There are times that instead of being myself and exposing my own weakness and hurt, I portray and character of the person that I know I should be. But when I expose myself as weak and frail at times, it frees the Body of Christ to restore me as it should and invites others to unmask as well.

God does not need us. He wants us. To fear is to take our eyes off Jesus.

Sometimes we forget who God is. But He never forgets about us. That's what makes Him God.

I want to be an example of Christ's love. I want people to understand that Christ loves them no matter what they've done not to deserve it.

You have to be faithful to the task - ask your question and then wait for the answer.

All I really want to do is fall into the emptiness that is the space in between us. Erase it and bring us together again.

We can't break through that divide between God and us. We have to be willing to fall off the edge to reach the other side and believe that God will catch us. I see all the people standing on the edge of the "grand canyon" waiting for God. I think we need to see what it would be like to fall off and have God catch us. At the end of it all, I hope someone says that I never settled for one side of the canyon, waiting for grace to reach for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment