Thursday, March 11, 2010




"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."

“Do you not know that there comes a midnight hour when every one has to throw off his mask? Do you believe that life will always let itself be mocked? Do you think you can slip away a little before midnight in order to avoid this? Or are you not terrified by it? I have seen men in real life who so long deceived others that at last their true nature could not reveal itself;... In every man there is something which to a certain degree prevents him from becoming perfectly transparent to himself; and this may be the case in so high a degree, he may be so inexplicably woven into relationships of life which extend far beyond himself that he almost cannot reveal himself. But he who cannot reveal himself cannot love, and he who cannot love is the most unhappy man of all." - Soren Kieerkegaard

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

"Everything you do in life, every choice you make, has a consequence. When you do things without thinkin', then you ain't makin' the choice. The choice is makin' you." - Mark Steven Johnson

"Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what I'm really looking for is the 64-color box with the sharpener on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's okay, though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem, though, in that I only seem to meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation. So, when I meet someone who's an 8-color type I'm like, 'Hey girl, magenta!' and she's like, 'Oh, you mean purple!' and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, 'No...I want magenta!'" —John Mayer

"I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you." - Collin Raye

"We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are."

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you
got to put up with the rain.
- Dolly Parton

"Love wins. Love always wins."

The ones you call when you're depressed. The ones you talk to when
you want a laugh. The ones who gives you a shoulder to lean on. The
ones who know exactly how you feel. The ones that don't pretend. The
ones that'll run a thousand miles just to let you know you're loved,
are the ones you know will be your friends forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment